In 2011, the United States Breastfeeding Committee declared that August would be National Breastfeeding Month.
In celebration of National Breastfeeding Month this year, the USBC has some cool things planned!
The big one is their #SixWords campaign on Facebook and Twitter where you post a selfie of yourself holding a sign with a six word story answering, “What does breastfeeding mean to you and how can every one of us play a role in supporting breastfeeding?”
Here’s what they’ve got going on for the rest of the month:
- August 1-3: Launch #SixWords campaign at USBC events in Washington, DC
- August 4-10: Workplaces
- Save the date for the MomsRising #WellnessWed Twitter chat on August 6 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- August 11-17: Hospitals / Health Care
- August 18-24: Communities
- August 25-31 (Black Breastfeeding Week): Families
Check out our #SixWords breastfeeding story on Instagram and Facebook and feel free to add your own!
Did you do anything for the Big Latch On this past weekend? What does breastfeeding mean to you? Share in the comments and on Facebook!